At Catch Co. our Buyers helps create growth by planning profitable and relevant assortments using our grasp of guest shopping behavior, assortment requirements and competitors. They will influence and negotiate with vendors to achieve results and identify gaps and opportunities on shopkarls.com. Our flexibility in reacting to business results and our ability to translate financial metrics and data into actionable strategies is critical. We lead cross-functional teams to drive category results while managing progress toward sales and margin goals.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage merchandising assortment for Apparel and Outdoor (non-fishing) Accessories to ensure the assortment meets customer needs.
- Improve current apparel assortment by identifying gaps and opportunities for specific categories. This could mean expanding into new sub-categories that do not currently exist in our shop as well as actively keeping up with competitor assortments.
- Analyze and synthesize market trends, competitor and non-competitor assortments, industry data, and consumer insights to assess our current merchandising strategy and identify future opportunities. Turn these insights into actionable merchandising recommendations.
- Deliver sales metrics on a monthly basis to make sure that categories are performing against goals set by Sr Mgr.
- Collaborates on inventory control, including lifecycle of product, and assists in project management of all current operational activities. Makes suggestions for opportunities to reduce product and service costs.
- Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within the supply base. Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and customer service team; conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with our owned brand teams to help inform our product development roadmap.
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1-2 years of experience in Retail/Sales/Category Management
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices.
- Experience in supplier negotiations and developing/executing sourcing strategies.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within established timelines.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.