Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Emerging Markets Account Executive is responsible for prospecting and developing small business sales relationships with potential clients and closing new and expanded sales agreements. The Small Business Account Executives at Paylocity work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven and targets small businesses. The best Small Business Account Executives are hunters, capable of creating their own activity in the field and constantly looking for that next sale. A strong predictor of success for an Account Executive, is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional good prospective skills, the ability to be persistent (but not pushy), and has a passion for what is being sold!
- Determine prospective customers’ needs for Payroll, Human Resources in the mid-size client space.
- Present Paylocity services to meet those needs in a specific geographic market.
- Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Complete and obtain the documentation required for the conversion of data from their previous payroll provider to the Paylocity system.
- Work directly with internal departments to ensure the client has a smooth transition to their new payroll provider.
- Using initiative, develop prospects through telemarketing, referrals, professional and personal contacts, and other sources.
- Build relationships with CPA’s as well as other referral sources
- Maintain contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
- Attend Paylocity-sponsored trade shows, conferences, and other events to promote Paylocity services
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota for your territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a sales position
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and the Internet
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to maintain high activity standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.