Enterprise Sales Manager at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a collaborative and personable Sales Manager to join our growing Sales team and oversee its operations.
At PerkSpot, we’re proud to extend benefits and perks to a robust client base. As a Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the execution of sales processes in order to meet or exceed our quote attainment every quarter. You will supervise and report on important KPIs that determine the success of the Sales team and PerkSpot as a whole. Your managerial skills coupled with a commitment to your team’s success, will help you directly impact the accomplishments of the company.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Sales Team
Our Sales team is comprised of outgoing, proactive individuals who are proud to function as PerkSpot’s main brand ambassadors. In collaboration with other AEs, Sales Managers, and Client Success Managers, you will conduct research, provide sales training, monitor team members’ growth, and share KPI reports. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with both sales management experience to take their career to the next level and set the tone for PerkSpot’s sales team in the future.
Life as a Sales Manager:
- Providing regular sales trainings on best practices, deal strategy, and the sales process
- Informing team members of useful business metrics and negotiation tactics
- Monitoring team and individual KPIs; conducting one-on-one coaching that allows team members to meet or exceed their goals
- Attending sales calls as needed to support and close deals
- Conducting regular sales meeting and call audits to identify and remedy gaps in knowledge, sales technique, and/or inconsistencies
- Adapting PerkSpot’s sales processes as needed for maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Analyzing and reporting on KPIs to the Sales team and upper management
- Keeping a pulse on sales trends in the marketplace and bringing these trends to PerkSpot’s sales process
- Managing client relationships in collaboration with Client Success Managers and Onboarding Specialists
- Attending regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and sales strategies
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a sales management role
- Background working within a brokerage or other HR vendor business preferred
- Proven understanding of enterprise buyers and change management
- Experience in team and 1:1 coaching, as well as sales negotiation and skills
- Experience conducting performance reviews and overseeing KPIs
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Excel
- Exceptional communication and organization skills - looking for a positive multitasker!
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor; strong presentation skills
- Collaborate, team-oriented attitude - this role works with practically every department in the company!
- Thoughtful and strategic approach to deal making and contract negotiation
- Proactive and diligent work ethic
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
Culture fit is big at PerkSpot, which is why you’ll spend the first few weeks of your tenure learning the product, your job expectations, and our sales process. From there, you’ll get a taste of what KPIs you’ll be responsible for monitoring. Then, we’ll have you build out our contact database of contacts at our existing Channel Partners (Lockton, Sequoia, Mercer), and developing an outreach process that aligns with their business model. You’ll then start work mentoring our sales team to success and reporting on KPIs, eventually solidifying yourself as the in-house expert on negotiating, deal coaching, and pipeline sales strategy.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.