Enterprise Solutions Consultant- West Coast at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Enterprise Solutions Consultant is the primary technical and solution resource for the Enterprise Sales Team. The SC is responsible for working with sales executives and operations partners to understand client needs. Using their experience and consulting skills, the SC will lead client discovery discussions to understand process, goals, and objectives and work with sales executives and operations partners to create solutions to address customer needs. The SC is responsible for crafting a customized solutions presentation to showcase how Paylocity can bring value and address business needs for our clients. The Enterprise SC must be very familiar with Paylocity internal processes and be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both internal and external users.
Location: Remote- Must reside in the Pacific or Mountain time zone or work standard hours within the Pacific or Mountain time zone
Reports To: Manager Solutions Consulting
• Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify and do discovery around sales opportunities, to influence and develop sales account strategy, and to position technology around competitive threats and alternatives.
• Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and products, effectively communicate the key core value proposition, and key differentiators, and to confirm Paylocity technical viability for the opportunity
• Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected competitive behavior, and known competitive preferences.
• As the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer (technical presentations, POCs, demos)
• Collaborates with Implementation Team and Customer Success to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation
• Timely documentation within CRM of pre-sales activity
• Attends and completes in person, on demand, and online enablement for Sales and/or Presales as needed. Travel requirement about 50%
• Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the Paylocity solution
• At this level, the incumbent may contribute feedback, materials, information that improves the quality of the SC community, contribute to Regional Sales and/or Presales specific programs, and mentor lesser scoped/experienced SC staff.
• Advises Account Executives on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts
• Expert ability to articulate and present technical/software demonstrations.
• Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer's decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
• Complete, big-picture understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
• Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
• Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
• Advanced technical knowledge of Human Capital Management, SaaS delivery, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
Education & Experience
• Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in dealing with a field based sales force.
• Must demonstrate consistent and accurate responses to complex questions or processes presented by prospects by using internal resources without assistance
• Must have demonstrated an aptitude to perform in the SC role at a consistent, high level as determined by the SC Management team
• Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
• Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
• Experience and familiarity with Paylocity products and internal procedures
• 7 years or more of Industry experience in a solutions consultant capacity
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $68,674 - $101,498/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for our variable commission plan, annual bonus, and restricted stock until grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.