At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.What we are looking for
We are seeking a Government Proposal Manager & Sales Operations Analyst who will support the growing Public Sector and Nonprofit sales teams at Civis. We are looking for someone with high energy, great organizational and writing skills, and an eagerness to learn about how analytics can help governments and nonprofits improve service delivery.
This role will be focused on qualifying opportunities through government RFP capture tools, as well as managing the RFP response process with state, local, and federal organizations, while also supporting sales operations and account management in Salesforce CRM. The person in this role will provide excellent writing, editing, and project management that will produce persuasive proposals that win new projects for Civis.Responsibilities
- Government RFP Capture: 30%
- Utilize tools like GovWin, BidSync and Bloomberg Government or others to review and quality RFPs relevant to Civis solutions
- Research potential leads, clients, competitors, and teaming partners
- Proposal Coordination and Writing: 50%
- Coordinate and organize the proposal response process for the Public Sector and Nonprofit teams
- Work with technical staff and business development to update and maintain project descriptions, resumes, and other stock materials for the proposal process
- Write non-technical portions of proposals, and edit technical sections authored by technical teams
- Provide formatting, graphic/layout assistance to proposal documentation
- Sales Operations: 20%
- Provide support for the marketing and business development efforts of the Public Sector and Nonprofit Teams, and the broader team as needed
- Dedicated resource for assigned teams to support the maintenance and accuracy of pipelines in Salesforce, and provide support to improve the selling process and lead funnel management to meet sales attainment goals
- Supports broader team needs for CRM data cleanliness and usability that affect business projections and reporting
- Provides operational sales process and pricing support
- Manages projects around sales process documentation and optimization
- Government RFP capture, qualify and response experience
- BA/BS degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Technical writing experience for RFP responses a plus
- Salesforce experience a bonus
- Structured problem-solver
- Detail-oriented self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
- US work authorization
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW