Jellyvision is hiring a Manager of Business Development
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experiencedBusiness Development Manager to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As the experienced manager of the business development team, you will lead a team of 10+ business development reps handling inbound and outbound activity, targeting enterprise and mid-market companies across the country. You will be a key player on the Pipeline and Revenue Leadership Team, and will report to the Director of Business Development to help grow and support a young, eager team focused on generating opportunities that convert to sales qualified meetings. Our team’s mission is clear: fill the top of the funnel pipeline and drive company revenue goals. You will be responsible for the collaboration with Revenue leadership, Marketing, Sales Enablement, Account Executives, and our Channel team to ensure teams are aligned.
What you’ll do
- Bring a high level of energy and a positive attitude that embodies our core values and keeps our team of BDRs engaged and motivated while working remotely and eventually in person
- Hire & onboard new BDRs while providing ongoing coaching, training and development to the team
- Manage and support individual BDRs, ensuring each is fully prepared and focused on achieving their pipeline goals
- Develop and implement processes and regimen to help BDRs hit their weekly, monthly, and quarterly objectives
- Forecast monthly and quarterly performance metrics
- Analyze performance data, understanding which actions drive desired results.
- Identify areas of opportunity for learning and development
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations)
- Lead our intern program and create a continuous talent pipeline
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 2+ years of people management experience and ideally 3+ years of proven success in a B2B SaaS sales environment
- Clear understanding of core sales fundamentals: prospecting, objection handling, value propositioning, sales qualification process, etc.
- Experience hiring, onboarding, and training new reps on a growing team
- Strong performance management skills and ability to hold direct reports accountable
- Strategic mindset that will bring ideas to the table to increase pipeline efforts
- Excels under pressure, and adapts easily to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach/Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background working with data and spreadsheets
- BONUS: Experience with ZoomInfo, Gong, Sendoso, Vidyard, etc.
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Builds Effective Teams
- Drives Results
- Develops Talent
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!