Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere. We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a dynamic and adaptable Merchant Development Associate to join our Merchant Partnerships team and manage operations for various partnerships and deals posted on our site, which are available to over 15 million users.
Customer benefits and perks are the most important thing we oversee here at PerkSpot. As a Merchant Development Associate, you will be responsible for overseeing several different aspects of the site - ongoing deals, partner recommendations, offer quality checks, and daily “Perk Alerts.” Since so much of our business is done through our website, your dedication and attention to detail and organization will be essential to your success, as well as our success as a company.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from nearly 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Merchant Partnerships Team
Our Merchant Partnerships team is one of the most important teams at PerkSpot. It’s a team of hard workers whose role is to build and manage relationships with current and future PerkSpot merchants and pass savings along to our millions of users. In collaboration with other team members, you’ll work to evaluate and secure PerkSpot’s exclusive merchant deals, while maintaining their postings on our website. We’re looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and highly efficient in all work.
Life as a Merchant Development Associate:
- Keeping track of PerkSpot’s active deals and making a daily selection/post on the website of the best deal of the day - aka our “Perk Alert”
- Removing expired deals from the site and archiving them; addressing any site issues or discrepancies as they come up
- Managing grandfathered in deals and expired offer reporting
- Overseeing and following up on all “Suggest A Business” submissions
- Conducting cold outreach to local businesses to negotiate and post PerkSpot deals
- Identifying legitimate and active national business leads and referring them to key members of the Merchant Partnerships team
- Attending regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and sales strategies
- Constantly thinking of ways to make the PerkSpot experience better and more effective for its customers
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in merchant relations, sales, or project coordination - affiliate experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field - Communication, Business, etc. - preferred
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, both internally and externally
- Top-tier organizational and time management skills - you’ll be handling a lot!
- Ability to thrive while working independently to meet various deadlines
- Flexibility and talent for multitasking
- Desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve company goals
It would be GREAT if you had:
- A background in account management or ecommerce
- Experience with Salesforce, HTML, and/or Photoshop
- Familiarity with sites like Amazon
- Experience in data analysis, reporting, and/or copywriting
Your First Few Months
Your first days at PerkSpot will have you learning about our business, Merchant Partnerships, and how you fit into it all. After that, it’s off to the races - you’ll learn how to answer and track our Suggest-A-Business submissions, identify and pass along high-quality leads, respond to customer service requests, and post existing offers. In time, you will oversee our Salesforce reporting and dashboard, in addition to picking and posting our daily “Perk Alerts.” By the end of your first few weeks, you will be an active member of this team and company, and everyone will know your name (no, seriously - this role interacts with everyone in the company!).
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.