Partnership Development Manager, Zoro at Zoro
Title: Partnership Development Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director, Business Development
Location: Chicago/Buffalo Grove, IL
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Are you a Hunter?
The Partnership Development Manager is responsible for identifying and recruiting prospective B2B wholesale and distribution supplier partners to support Zoro in building an endless assortment of products that allows our customers to find more, do more and be more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, prospect, and sell a partnership to potential wholesale & distribution partners. Establish strong relationships and create opportunities to discuss how Zoro can create significant value for them in digital channels.
- Communicate, across a range of audiences, from Fortune 500 C-Level executives to highly successful entrepreneurs, Zoro’s ability to rapidly drive meaningful contribution margin for their business.
- Structure and negotiate partnership agreements/contracts with complex terms to build strong strategic partnerships.
- Work with our Category Management & Supply Chain Teams to ensure that we have an effective partner on-boarding process and assist in the hand-off of completed partnership agreements to the business for successful implementation.
- Support regular updates to the Zoro Executive Team on deal pipeline, market dynamics, potential financial opportunities, and competitive intelligence.
- Communicate with the Marketing and other internal departments regarding marketplace intelligence, customer information, and other information that would build a strong selling story.
- Meet or exceed annual goals and operate within annual budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years experience in selling, business development, and/or partnership management. Experience in business development for ecommerce services or platforms preferred.
- Successful track record in prospecting and implementing joint partnership agreements with a demonstrated ability to execute a disciplined process for lead generation through conversion.
- Ability to identify and build rapport with different levels within a target organization, recognize decision making styles, and overcome objections.
- In-depth understanding of ecommerce and how digital channels can create competitive advantage for wholesale and distribution companies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to communicate complex deal terms in a clear and compelling manner.
- Established network in the wholesale distribution community a plus.
- Ability to develop quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Work requires superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills including building presentations, analyzing data, communicating information, and internet search techniques.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule with extensive travel (up to 40-50%).
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.