Retail Senior Account Executive (REMOTE) at SPINS LLC
Who We Are
SPINS is the only data provider specializing in wellness. We’re experiencing rapid growth. In this role, you’ll be recruiting new retailers to join the SPINS network. This division is crucial to our growth and has high visibility to executive leadership- you’ll be able to make a direct impact on our organizational success.
This is a collaborative and agile team- we’re a bit like a start-up within an established company with over 20 years of industry leading experience. This position will allow you to take ownership of the entire retail sales cycle, have the freedom to think outside of the box, and award the ability to grow professionally.
We’re looking for a determined salesperson with a positive attitude- someone who can uncover business goals and initiatives, and clearly articulate impactful solutions to retailers.
What You Will Do
- Meet/exceed annual targets by signing new retail partnerships agreements
- Leverage consumer insights and partner with retailers to develop winning joint business plans
- Conduct compelling and engaging product demonstrations in person and via web to retailers
- Work with cross functional team of sales, customer success, marketing, and operations
- Personally create new leads for retailers from prospecting efforts and assist others
- Qualify leads & sales opportunities
- Leverage business from new & established relationships
- Strategize, negotiate & close business
- Create genuine value for clients to help grow SPINS’ capabilities and positive reputation
- Use Salesforce to continuously update and maintain active deals for pipeline management, daily activity and sales forecasting
- Flourish with change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Attend trade shows and conferences to represent the SPINS’ brand.
What You Bring
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of three+ years sales experience required, preferably selling to “cold leads”
- Prospecting Skills, Solution Selling Ability
- Consultative selling experience
- Assertive hunter mentality adept in identifying and winning new business
- Strong intellectual curiosity to uncover why buyers will buy and how to leverage that information
- Highly effective communication skills that convey professionalism in all written, verbal and virtual meetings
- Proficient working with MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Selling into retailers is a Plus
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.