Sales Development Representative - Social Impact at ShoppingGives (Remote)
Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work every day? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact-driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, openly communicative, and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four-letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we design and build.
What you get to do:
This role aligns ShoppingGives solutions to a prospects current needs, discovered through research and probing. Sales Development Executive are the backbone of every sales team by lining up future business and setting the pace for growth of the organization. Building trust in an instant is a must—advising and being consultative puts you in a position to discover the focus of an organization leading to more won deals. You are a hunter and a farmer – critical tasks of this role include prospecting through phone and email, personalizing messaging to grab the attention of decision makers, being creative in outreach to have your messages read and name recognized, and not giving up after hearing “No” 30 times in a row. You are fielding inbound opportunities – not just to qualify, but to lead the flock to water, being an expert in our solutions and how it solves the prospects' pains and will help them realize their impact dreams. Your goal is to be an account executive with ShoppingGives, this is your pasture.
We love team players; this role is a hands-on contributor helping teammates across the organization to understand our customers better. Everyone at ShoppingGives strives to influence the whole organization to build products and support systems that enable a long customer lifecycle. We help each other out and refill the coffee. We are looking specifically for attention to detail, love of sales, and consistent energy - with a desire to use your experience and knowledge to make ShoppingGives better! This role has a bias towards action. Always.
What you will bring to the team:
- We are a SaaS company with a marketing solution for retailers. Which parts of the previous sentence can you bring your experience to?
- Challenge the norms
- Excited to create prospects using both inbound and outbound
- Seek to understand the needs and problems of your buyer BEFORE you explore solutions with them
- Experience approaching companies with cold emails and calls
- Passion for retail, marketing, and/or D2C
- Drive to create positive change and social impact
- 1+ years in a SaaS role
- 1+ years in either a marketing, retail and/or D2C role
- 1+ years managing a CRM
- 1+ years solution selling, not selling solutions (don’t know what this means)? This role is not for you)
- 1+ years managing a pipeline of opportunities
Let's be transparent: This job isn't for everyone.
- Our mission drives our team to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Creating and qualifying opportunities and focusing our teams on the right accounts to maximize Impact.
Create Impact on every purchase. We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice.
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
We have multiple sales roles open - if you have 1-2 years experience, come join us as an SDE with a goal of becoming an Account Executive in 1 or 2 years. If you have 3+ years - apply to be our newest Social Impact Account Executive.
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach them some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- The pay for this role is $50k - $60k base annually plus commission
- This role is US-based remote or Chicago area only.
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- 401k, medical, dental,
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 30 people - so you'll have influence
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.