Sales Development Representative at Civis Analytics
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.What we are looking for
As a Sales Development Representative here at Civis, you’ll be tasked with leading engaging conversations with prospects in our commercial sector in order to help us keep our sales pipeline full. We sell a suite of advanced data science and marketing technology products, so you’ll be reaching out to very intelligent prospects at some of the most successful companies in the world. You’ll work closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Operations, and more to develop creative strategies to break into accounts and start fruitful conversations. You’ll also have the opportunity to help shape the future direction of our Sales Development function.Responsibilities
- Nurture and qualify marketing-generated inbound leads.
- Conduct discovery calls with prospects to understand business needs and qualify opportunities.
- Seamlessly book meetings and transition opportunities to the closing sales team.
- Research and generate new leads through targeted outbound prospecting campaigns.
- Meet or exceed your daily call and email volume.
- Identify prospect pain points by researching companies on LinkedIn, industry news outlets, company websites, etc.
- Measure and adjust campaigns based on response rates in order to maximize Civis touch points.
- Collaborate and communicate with your team and other departments to ensure the appropriate resources are deployed in each situation.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in outbound sales or account management (experience in the data/analytics or marketing technology fields is a plus).
- You’re comfortable sending emails and on the phone.
- You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM.
- You have excellent communication skills, particularly written and verbal.
- You’re goal oriented and motivated to grow, with strong attention to detail.
- You’re comfortable speaking with intelligent and highly-technical prospects.
We use some of the best tooling in the industry, and while you don’t have to have experience with our stack to qualify for this position, we’ll definitely be impressed if you’ve worked with any of the following:
- Sales Navigator
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW