We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Revenue is growing at breakneck speed and we’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in Chicago.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Work with your dedicated Account Executives to identify ongoing strategic targets;
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone call, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to turn your Sales Executive into a guru ahead of their calls;
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow ups; and
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Flexport sales team.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree preferred and 1-3 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener;
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day and explain Flexports value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with;
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up;
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST;
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come; and
- A deep understanding of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
Where you'll work:
We’re new to Chicago and looking for lifelong learners who want to be a part of a founding team. Come help us build the culture at Flexport!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.