Senior Analyst/Manager Sales Compensation at Flexport
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1B from investors that include Softbank, the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Sales Compensation team is a highly cross-functional team that supports our global sales and operations. We are looking for a (Sr.) Sales Compensation Analyst/Manager to own the analysis and administration of our sales incentive compensation plans. We are looking for someone with a strong attention to detail and experience administering complex incentive plans. This role will collaborate across various teams and levels of management. It is a high visibility role with opportunity for growth within the organization.You will:
- Administer sales compensation plans with key stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely performance calculations and sales compensation payouts
- Serve as a first responder to the Sales team: research and resolve commission-related inquiries from the Sales team (e.g. system access issues, transaction disputes, credits and payment calculations)
- Collaborate with People Ops and Payroll teams to process new hires, terminations and transfers; set up new hires in line with plan policies and procedures
- Prepare and deliver commission statements for all global sales employees; build process to streamline this responsibility
- Evaluate commission plans and processes and initiate changes to increase efficiency and reduce costs of administration
- Prepare commission expense estimates for the Finance leadership team
- Assist with monthly and quarterly analyses to measure compensation plan performance including variance to budget, correlation between result and payouts by individual contributor and manager
- Track compensation plan results and analyze sales compensation plan effectiveness in achieving business goals/strategy
- Develop and update compensation plan summary documents and produce plan documentation
- BA/BS Degree; Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on sales compensation administration experience; title of role determined by experience in sales compensation
- 5+ years of analytical experience with preference for accruals and forecasting
- Strong attention to detail — you can make sense of the complex
- Sound organizational and time management skills to meet important deadlines
- Obsession with finding process improvements and efficiencies to improve workflow
- Advanced MS Excel/Google Sheets skills - experience with pivot tables, building complex formulas, and creating financial/compensation modeling
- Experience with any enterprise-level incentive compensation platform is a plus
- Experience using Salesforce is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong service-orientation — you know how to partner cross-functionally
- Experience with data analytics and reporting
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation skills
- Flexibility to complete tasks and attend meetings outside of work hours to meet tight deadlines and communicate information to the global team in a timely manner
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.