Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Let’s get to business! Avant is looking for a new Senior Analyst to join the team in Chicago. This position plays a critical role in Avant’s Business Analytics – Credit Card team. Credit Cards are Avant’s newest product and this role would be joining the Card team at the ground floor as Avant works to rapidly grow its portfolio. The role requires working directly on several aspects of the Card business - marketing analysis, determining credit underwriting criteria at Originations and later in the customer’s lifecycle, developing pricing strategies, optimizing authorization policies, etc. to minimize risk and improve profitability.
What you do at Avant:
- Develop and implement underwriting rules using analytical methods like segmentation, predictive models, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Use visualization tools to build dashboards and monitor key performance indicators
- Use data to understand new ways of finding impactful insights from limited data sets and develop recommendations
- Initiate and executing pricing and line assignment tests to validate hypotheses on usage and price sensitivity
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization and delivery
- Communicate strategies/proposals/solutions to key stakeholders
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Master's preferred)
- 1+ years analytical experience in the consumer finance industry
- 1+ years of experience leveraging data tools such as SQL, R, Python
- 2-3 years of experience conducting underwriting and pricing related analytics in a lending/banking organization
- Knowledge of credit scorecard model development
- Ability to translate analysis results into clearly defined and implementable strategies/rules
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.