Senior Disbursement Specialist at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The DS is the primary contact for borrowers, contractors & inspectors.
- Manages project pipeline of 100-125 files.
- Review and approve draw documentation submitted by contractors & borrowers.
- Performs data entry into renovation software.
- Communicate effectively to government inspector and local building departments.
- Track and manage assigned pipeline for aged or stalled projects.
- Assist borrowers and contractors with disputes and unforeseen issues.
- May recommend approval on all draw requests.
- Escalates potential fraud to management.
- 1+ years Mortgage Operations experience
- Experience with Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Follows compliance regulations and trainings
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build positive working relationships
- Ability to apply critical thinking to solve complex problems
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about providing world class service to both internal and external customers
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-AC1