Solution Owner - Brokerage at Mastery Logistics Systems
About the Role
The transportation industry has no shortage of complex problems requiring creative solutions to scale efficiently. In this role, you will help solve those problems by managing the strategy and delivery of a piece of Mastery's Transportation Management System (TMS).
The Solution Owner is the solution expert on Brokerage. They work to evaluate solution fit and customer needs, including system, data and integration?. The Solution Owner will identify solution gaps?, develop detailed solution artifacts, dependencies, and maintain end to end responsibility and accountability for solution through the entire engagement.
In this role, you will use strong analytical sense to evaluate ideas and dissect problems. Must be able to think strategically about audience and business needs, understanding what it is takes to initiate the product lifecycle, communicate expectations to other teams, and provide support after those requirements are shared.
- Manage the strategy and delivery of Mastery's Transportation Management System
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal stakeholders primarily through the discovery phase of the customer relationship and support as needed; engagement, onboarding, build and development, implementation, support and success
- Define and document complex business and technology processes and requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate strategy into prioritized requirements
- Drive the resolution of issues through problem solving, identification of necessary resources and escalation
- Work with engineering team(s) to manage development of product features
- Develop an understanding of Mastery's users and act as an advocate for their needs
- Define and provide creative solutions and overcoming constraints to meet customer requirements of the demanding market
- Design and implement business rules, strategies and workflows into MasterMind; actively monitor and maintain effectiveness of designs. Maintain current documentation on the underlying workflows, rules and processes within the business system.
- Support strategic opportunities as a subject matter expert and work with sales to drive penetration in key accounts
- Collaborate with Marketing team for custom ideation and marketing solutions, providing specific overview of client’s objectives and goals.
- Educate and guide new and existing clients on best practices, onboard new clients and proactively address areas where improvement is needed.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Create a “trusted solution advisor” relationship with our customer’s business and internal technical teammates
- Regularly reviews progress of scoped solution with delivery of that solution in order to tune scoping and better address the needs of prospective customers.
- Input into product development strategy by documenting and sharing customer requirements to product management to guarantee the visibility to support market demands
- Deliver solutions that allow the business segments to achieve operational excellence.
- Represent the business and contribute to the achievement of association goals and objectives through strategic projects, manage the solution related business initiatives and departmental requests. Communicate regularly and effectively with team leader and other key stakeholders on statuses.
- Practical experience in solution management
- 3+ years of experienced with customer engagement/customer facing roles preferred
- 3+ years of transportation and/or supply chain industry experience
- Experience successfully delivering a product to end users
- Understanding of SaaS models and the technology layers required to support web applications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
- Compassion and empathy
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Possess a big picture mind set in collaboration with the ability to always think beyond a single project or business domain
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!