Sr. Benefits Account Manager at Paylocity
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The purpose of the Account Manager III is to partner with clients utilizing our benefits platform and proactively retain clients through the advanced system, HR, and benefits knowledge, through effective negotiation (internal & external), and through providing consultative services to the client in better leveraging Paylocity’s benefit platforms. This role is relied upon for escalation expertise and to mentor other Benefit Account Managers. This role takes full responsibility for the client relationship and on average has a book of business between 30-75 mid-large size clients.
Reports To: Manager Support
Web Benefits Expectations:
- Dependability/ Follow Up: Timely responsiveness & proactive follow up
- Problem Solve: Troubleshoot and problem solve leveraging knowledge, resources, qualitative and quantitate information
- Communication: Provide professional & appropriate internal/ external communication as well as progress updates to all stakeholders
- Guidance: Provide clients guidance on Benefit admin best practices, organizational change management, and a consultative approach to determine client’s requirements providing industry best practices where applicable.
- Implement and optimize products: Ability to manage Open Enrollment cycles end-to-end, which includes gathering Benefit Plan Requirements, election data, and any other additional pertinent information that pertains to the project from the client/broker.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Proactive Issue Resolution: Able to expertly problem solve, troubleshoot & effectively resolve issues for the client; able to handle a majority of escalations effectively; quickly resolves basic benefit issues including open enrollment calculations, reports, single sign-on, deduction, and EDI file troubleshooting, etc.; relied upon as an expert for one or more categories of issues; Proactively provide client support; develop insights into client business; provide consultative advice to drive product utilization
- Client Focus: Primary contact and trusted advisor to their assigned clients; develops and maintains strong relationships with clients; able to maintain client satisfaction despite many adverse circumstances; handles escalations and proactively minimizes escalations; provides direction to clients in areas of priority and focus; negotiates for the purposes of retaining at-risk clients; looked upon to provide guidance to other Benefit Account Managers and in other client interactions
- Focus on the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to client needs and objectives: Meet SLAs and key internal client service metrics including availability, first call resolution, escalations, client retention, etc. as monitored by Leadership Team; leverages metrics to understand performance and adjust behaviors
- Continually Increasing System Capability and Consultative Skills: Ability to navigate within systems including WebPay, BSwift, Service Cloud, Clarizen, IC (phones), Service Bureau, PEAK, Compass, Admin Guides and to quickly build the knowledge base to best serve client through self-driven learning; achieve proficiency in Bswift, Reports, Clarizen project management.
- Leverage Resources: Appropriately & effectively use resources to find and validate answers, resolve, and document issues in a way that adheres to benefit policies and ensures seamless client support; considers circumstances, anticipates adverse circumstances & adjusts; accordingly, provides documentation to increase effectiveness and improve upon learning of others (e.g., PEAK)
- Mentor: Provide guidance to Benefit Account Manager level I and II as needed in building overall Account Manager knowledge. Identified as a team resource, resource & process gaps works with Team Trainer and SME to update and streamline. Takes initiative to further improve consultative and process knowledge as an SME for the team.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience in customer service or previous client interfacing role and experience in benefits and/or HR Administration
- Outstanding QA
- Proficient in Excel
- May require between 5-10% travel.
- CHRS and/or SHRM-CP certified
- Consistent successful escalation experience
- Ability to present Benefit Data effectively
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.