Sr. Digital Strategist
Solstice is not a conventional company, and we have no intentions of becoming one. Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations.
Solstice is looking for a Digital Strategist with a rare mix of talents possessing both a strong business sense and technical knowledge about emerging technology (mobile, voice, AI), design principles, and emerging technology concepts. This is an opportunity to be in a key client-facing position leading strategic planning with clients regarding their technology innovation strategies. You will collaborate with them to define their roadmaps, drive proof-of-concepting, and become a trusted advisor that will advise on what’s next and where they should be headed, and most importantly, the WHY behind these decisions.
This is you:
You are a student of your surroundings. You have a natural intellectual curiosity and like to know how things work. You reflect on every experience you have by asking “how could this digital experience be improved?”. You immerse yourself in technology and business innovation related reading and publications. Fast Company, INC, Mashable, Harvard Business Review, NYTimes Tech Section are all in your Pulse news reader. You know what IoT, Big Data, 3D printing mean and how they are changing the world we live in.
You have a business related background. You’ve risen to leadership roles in your career but still stay connected with the advances in technology and like to get your hands dirty. Whether it’s coding or industry discipline forums, you like to stay in the know and you play an active role in these groups. You are equally comfortably leading a team or working on your own. You are comfortable with ambiguity, can quickly assess a situation, determine what themes are emerging and formulate a perspective. You think on your feet. You can see how seemingly unrelated concepts can be pulled together to create a unique solution. You like to connect the dots and test your theories in business, financial, and technical feasibility. You are a storyteller. You can craft your ideas into a compelling vision and know when to go big and when to keep it grounded. You understand that being a great communicator also means being a great listener. Your passion for your work is palpable and you are considered a thought leader in your domain.
What you will be doing:
- Leading, elevating, and coaching the people around you, whether they be fellow Solsties, or clients.
- Advising clients on how to work across silos in their organization, provide input on how to structure the teams you're working with, etc.
- Collaborating with fellow Solsties, to set a vision for our clients, whether that be a new business model, a new way of working, a new digital strategy, or a new digital product. You will help measure the potential impact of these things, to make it clear WHY it is important to act now -- not just what should be done and how.
- Making the people on your team and your clients feel a sense of safety. You will help them realize they are essential to achieving a shared vision, so they are willing to experiment and take the risks required to truly innovate and revolutionize industries.
- Working directly with Fortune 500 clients to define and drive their digital & emerging technology strategy as well as internal transformation.
- Facilitate strategic workshops in order to gain alignment across leadership.
- Work across siloed organizations with the ultimate goal of bringing the organization on the digital transformation journey.
- Think beyond the digital product; help our clients with advising on how to evolve as a digital organization
- Mentor and coach others on activities related to initial and ongoing strategy work with clients.
- Manage the development and presentation of final client deliverables.
- Research and analyze industries, companies, market and technology trends.
- Collaborate with user researchers to better define and understand target audience personas and analyze user needs.
- Establish yourself as a trusted and credible advisor to a portfolio of clients