At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, we provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences. As an employer, we provide Showpadders with personal development opportunities, motivate them to make a meaningful impact, and always encourage them to bring their authentic selves to work.
Our culture stems from our values which center on achieving maximum impact and being our authentic selves in all that we do. We make decisions with results in mind, while ensuring we create a workplace environment that fosters global collaboration, diversity and passion. We’re a team of good-natured ass-kickers and have been recognized as a top workplace by Built in Chicago and Inc. Magazine.
Founded in 2011, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
About the position
As a Technical Solution Architect at Showpad, you’ll build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of their Showpad solution at every stage of their journey.
You’ll manage the overall technical relationship between Showpad and our customers, making recommendations on architecture, integrations, extensions and innovations.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of Showpad features.
A day in the life of a Technical Solutions Architect
- You participate in digital initiatives where you define the architectural vision, strategy & technical solution design using innovative technologies.
- You guide the projects towards the most optimal solution in line with our enterprise architecture roadmap. You always think and reason from a customer’s perspective.
- You communicate architectural & technical choices to all stakeholders in the company, including senior management.
- You engage with business stakeholders to explain your solution and guide the technical teams in the architectural design.
- You are encouraged to introduce new technologies where you coach your colleague architects, partners and development teams in best practices and introduce new approaches to solve complex IT problems.
- You define initiatives to transform the enterprise architecture from as-is to to-be. You build a case for these initiatives and obtain commitment from different stakeholders.
- You identify opportunities for unlocking business value by reusing/innovating current capabilities in the IT landscape.
- Participate in proposals, making workload estimations and defining a technical project approach.
- You follow-up on the implementation of the solutions you designed, supporting our internal development teams and partners where needed, assuring the quality of their deliverables.
- You will take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- Experience analyzing, conceptualizing, designing, building, and deploying digital solutions in complex technical environments covering digital marketing, digital content & asset management and e-commerce.
- Expert level skills being able to explain complex issues to non-technical users with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation details if needed.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, detail-oriented and being able to work constructively with senior and junior technical team members.
- Not afraid of being challenged and able to present the proposed solution in a clear manner.
- Experience with full lifecycle application testing (functional, regression, performance, integration, etc.).
- Master in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
What you can expect from Showpad
Our culture is centered on our values: be humble, take ownership, be passionate, be transparent, keep it simple and grow together. Global collaboration is in our DNA and we're committed to immersing ourselves in a truly diverse environment where differences are not only welcomed, but valued.