VP of Business Development
SpotHero is looking for a VP of Business Development to play a pivotal role in securing long-term, strategic partnerships with leading mobility and consumer technology companies, helping to drive growth of our marketplace and overall platform business.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of mobility’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies and platform partners rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to all sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
We are looking for smart, strategic, resourceful and highly curious individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment that affords a high degree of autonomy and ownership. You will learn from marketing and technology professionals who have redefined the mobility and tech industries. You will develop and present growth strategies, new product integrations, and marketing recommendations to senior executives at some of the most prestigious and successful companies in the world. You will dramatically impact the growth trajectory and future of SpotHero.
What You Will Do:
- Solidify the business development strategy. Identify, filter, pitch, negotiate, close, and launch new relationships in targeted verticals, while managing and growing existing relationships and partnerships.
- Own the business development life cycle from start to finish including all cultivating and nurturing relationships. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Travel 10%-25% to effectively manage platform partner relationships.
- Be an industry thought leader, participating in public speaking events and panels to highlight thought leadership on the future of mobility and how SpotHero should best fit in.
- Collaborate internally with product, marketing, sales, finance, and customer service to meet partner and company objectives.
- Manage a team of business development professionals
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to all levels of management and the board of directors and clearly demonstrate the impact of initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing initiatives that support the SpotHero story and drive revenue and partner adoption.
- Maintain a sharp understanding of industry trends, customer needs, competitive offerings and marketplace dynamics
- Analyze and dissect data through google analytics (or similar tool) and develop accompanying strategies
- Have technical aptitude; you speak the language and can interface with our product and engineering teams
- Experience using business development tools (e.g. Salesforce, etc.)
- Passionate about mobility
- Experienced in product partnerships
- Strategic thinker -- you think 10 moves ahead
- Competitive - you look at a wall and you view it, not as an obstacle, but an opportunity to win
- Closer - you use your natural networking skills to promote the Spothero value proposition and you close partnerships with effectiveness and energy
- Analytical & Creative Thinker-you use a consultative approach to understand the needs of the company and the partner and you deliver partnerships that create success for all
- 10+ years experience in business development and building strategic product partnerships in a high growth, fast paced and high change environment
- 3+ years of mobility industry experience strongly preferred
- Proven success negotiating through the complex organizations of large, consumer technology companies
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity while maintaining multiple, high touch, high impact projects simultaneously
- Inspirational manager with proven track record of motivating other business development team members to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to present analysis and results to all levels of management
- Ability to create and implement process improvements, strategic initiatives and team objectives and metrics
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Advanced Powerpoint and Excel skills
- P&L management experience
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (of course… we are a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.