Hello, we're Edovo
Edovo is a social impact company that provides fair and honest communication services, educational and vocational programming, and re-entry preparation for justice-involved people and their loved ones. Our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives.
Why Work with Us?
Edovo is one of the fastest growing social impact organizations in the United States, featuring double digit growth four years in a row. Our team members engage directly with incarcerated individuals and are provided the opportunity to work in correctional facilities, gaining hands on experience improving the lives of the people we serve.
An Insider's view of Edovo
What’s the vibe like in the office?
Our office is a friendly and supportive place to engage in the innovative and challenging work we perform day in and day out. The Edovo team is a family of caring professionals who’s integrity and positive outlook keeps us motivated in this fast-paced industry. We're all about teamwork and collaboration
Community Engagement Manager
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
Coming from a warehouse job, I joined Edovo as a part-time shipping assistant. I was always interested in technology and software development, but with no technical background I didn't think I could pursue a career in it. Edovo put me on a path to develop the necessary skills and gave me the opportunity to join the QA team full time.
How do your team's ideas influence the company's direction?
We have a firm culture of autonomy and push back. As a founder I know I'm wrong on a lot of things and I expect my team to think independently. I encourage them to utilize the skills and knowledge I hired them for and push back so we collectively determine the best path forward. Our company and products are all about collaboration and inclusion.
CEO / Founder
What makes someone successful on your team?
Our team's success is driven by honoring deadlines, communicating needs and feedback with one another, and learning from our mistakes. Every one of us needs to be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to think on our feet.
Where we are
Located steps from the Chicago Brown Line stop, Edovo's River North headquarters features a newly renovated office near dozens of bars and restaurants
Perks + Benefits
Volunteer in local community
Partners with Nonprofits
Friends outside of work
Daily stand up
Highly diverse management team
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Remote Work Program
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Being able to change this industry is an honor and a privilege. Nothing thrills me more than seeing the change that Edovo has been able to encourage and foster in corrections. We still have a ways to go, but we are paving the way for a better future.AnnaDirector of Customer Success
- Seeing the reaction of our users first hand to receiving the Edovo tablet is one of the most rewarding moments in my career. It brings meaning to every task, no matter how big or small, that we are impacting positive change in the lives of our users.DominicProject Manager
- When not only our entire company but everyone we're building tools for is aligned on the same mission—collaboration within the team, the company, and with our customers is a virtuous cycle that make every day somehow even better than the one before.MikeSenior Software Engineer
Technology we use
- jQuery UILibraries
- Twitter BootstrapLibraries
- Maria DBDatabases
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Zoho ReportsAnalytics
- Pivotal TrackerManagement
- Zoho ProjectsManagement
- Zoho CampaignsEmail
Articles we're in10 articles
Our funding history
$15M in FundingInvestors: Impact Engine Lumina Foundation SustainVC IDP Foundation Evolve.Foundation Kapor Capital Ekistic Ventures