Hello, we're Supernova Companies
Supernova is the technology leader in securities-based lending ("SBL") solutions that connect and empower the entire financial ecosystem. We offer the world’s first and only cloud-based, fully-customizable, end-to-end software solution to automate securities-based lending from origination through the life of the loan.
Why Work with Us?
At Supernova, we're all about helping investors to achieve financial wellness. And that starts with cultivating an awesome company culture where everyone enjoys working hard and celebrating...together. We envision a world where all people have the highest probability for accomplishing their goals with the least amount of risk.
An Insider's view of Supernova Companies
What’s the vibe like in the office?
Our vibe is really fun and energetic! It is an open spaced loft in River North. Nobody has an office and even the CEO and CTO sit in rows of desks with all of the other employees. People are always working together. We have a fridge and pantry stocked with snacks, a pool table and casual dress.
What's the biggest problem your team is solving?
Supernova enables wealth management firms to offer securities-based loans, an attractive liquidity solution, to their clients. Historically, setting up SBLs was very cumbersome. Our solution not only supports competitive borrowing rates, but is also easy to use and includes robust collateral management and risk monitoring capabilities.
Sr. Vice President of Business Development
What makes someone successful on your team?
One quality that comes to mind is a positive attitude. When one brings a positive energy into their workspace their teammates draw from it and everyone is more productive as a whole. Successful people are open to advice — different perspectives shed light on problems and provide insight that one may not discover on their own.
Security/Dev Ops Engineer
How do you make yourself accessible to the rest of the team?
When we started Supernova, we wanted to create a culture of open communication and collaboration to share ideas and best practices. No one has an office. I sit with the rest of the team and purposely keep my calendar as clear as possible so I can participate and be involved in organic discussions that are often my favorite part of the day.
Head of Operations
What projects are you most excited about?
I'm excited about being able to calculate the probability of call in our collateral management system; which combines advanced statistical analysis and financial knowledge to predict the performance of all the holdings in the collateral accounts. We want to provide the most accurate and configurable financial data to our clients.
Quantitative Risk Analyst Intern
Where we are
Do you like fine art, modern furniture, poké crunch wraps and beer arcades? Then you'll love our office space near the corner of Chicago and Franklin.
Perks + Benefits
Highly diverse management team
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
Continuing Education stipend
- I really enjoy working at Supernova and love our team! We are a small team, but we are so effective and productive in many ways. It feels super good to ‘grow up’ with the company together – and to see how different it is day by day.Daisy YangQuantitative Risk Analyst
- Working at Supernova never feels dull. There are always challenges to overcome. When that challenge gets solved, it’s a lot of fun to savor the satisfaction of achieving the goal by trying hard.Jenny SunChief Technology Officer
- From day one I have felt like a valuable member of the team. I love working in a place where my opinion matters and we are all supporting each other to grow. I am so excited to see what the future holds for us at Supernova!Emma MieleAccount Relationship Manager
- Since joining Supernova, I knew I was working for a company that embodies a true work-life balance. Being able to work in a beautiful, open office space allows all team members easy access to each other for cross collaboration and quick development.Bradley AndreattaSr. VP of Business Development
- One of the many things I love about Supernova is the culture that I am surrounded by daily. The fun and collaborative atmosphere has made us all more like friends, as opposed to just co-workers.Austin MeadSr. Credit Analyst
Technology we use
- Twitter BootstrapLibraries
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics