Field Sales Executive - SLED (Northern California) at SDI Presence (Remote)
Although we list out what we generally look for in this job description, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. The point we’re getting at is it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The Field Sales Executive of SLED is an experienced and results-driven deal maker located in California; an individual contributor who has a successful track record of leading pursuits to develop and capture multimillion-dollar, complex, multi-year transactions. This position is responsible for business development, qualifying, negotiating, and closing contracts within the SLED vertical focused on the Northern California area. The major focus of the role is on securing new logo clients, focused on IT managed services, digital transformation, consulting, cloud services, and systems integration. A successful candidate will have SLED industry experience. This position will have demonstrable success using consultative selling skills to clearly understand SLED client business requirements, developing solutions to meet those objectives, and leading pursuit teams to deliver high-quality proposals and customer presentations.
- Apply existing relationships and knowledge of SLED market and market trends to identify key prospects and qualify new sales leads
- Act as “quarterback” to lead a deal through the entire sales lifecycle by collaborating with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Develop and nurture long-term business relationships with key clients, client prospects, and business partners at the executive level to drive awareness of and preference for the SDI brand and capabilities
- Develop detailed sales pursuit plans to effectively penetrate and capture new accounts, including identifying and creating compelling business needs and ROI for each prospect
- Coordinate calls, meetings, events, and presentations with prospects, to drive prospect opportunities to close
- Lead development through production of winning proposals and presentations, tailoring SDI corporate and service catalog content to drive opportunities to close
- Work in conjunction with SDI solutioning resources to develop solutions and resource models for implementation (i.e. timeline, resources, tasks, scope, activities), including assumptions and risks to support implementation and transformation scenarios
- Track all sales activities in the company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly, including accurate revenue and opportunity close forecast
- Maintain a well-developed 6x quota pipeline of prospects, with the expectation of pursuing 10-20 major new accounts within the the SLED sector
- Meet and/or exceed quotas
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort
- Work with and provide input on customer and prospect needs/goals/values to marketing teams to design, develop and execute lead generation and marketing campaigns
- Ensure a seamless transition from sales to post-sales activities, working in coordination with SDI’s delivery management to achieve strategic corporate goals
- Demonstrated success of selling multiple, multi-year deals in the $5 to $100M range
- Established book of business in IT/cloud managed services, technology implementations, and advisory/consulting services for Investor-Owned and municipal SLED market, with a preference for experienced sellers with an existing network that can be leveraged to gain access to industry contacts, leads, and new opportunities
- Expert in driving sales engagements from lead generation through contract signing and service initiation; ability to close opportunities for the company that becomes a platform for sustainable and profitable customer-business relationships
- Minimum of 10+ years of sales experience in business development or large deal capture role driving complex sales pursuits to C-level customers within the SLED market to successful closure
- Demonstrated achievement of quarterly and year-over-year quota and/or performance goal attainment
- Experience in defining and delivering ROI/ Business Cases for large-scale initiatives
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships.
- Sales experience for Professional Services – Project Scoping, pricing, bid management, risk assessment, customer discovery, requirements gathering, and complex sales proposal development
- Must possess sales acumen and persuasion skills for internal/external communication and presentations with superior negotiation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with the marketing dept to develop a comprehensive sales process that consistently positions the firm and engages with future customers
- Results-oriented self-starter approach with the ability to work independently – including writing proposals and presentation decks - as well as the ability to work collaboratively with other sales, solutions, and delivery teams
- BA/BS or equivalent strongly preferred
Additional Requirements Desired
- 10+ years of IT consulting sales experience within a mid/large IT Managed Services, Cloud, or Consulting firm
- Demonstrated public-facing presentation and writing skills, for participation in webinars and contributing content to the company blog
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to support organizational development activities including recruiting and community building
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This position will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.