Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, pickup and delivery, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005—now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. From the start they were spending an average of $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations, problems Nick wanted to solve. Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to do just that — to design and develop a new, robust reservation platform to change the way people around the world search, book, and dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of May 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed almost $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
Tock is looking for an experienced and motivated Sales Manager to join our team. As a member of Tock's growing sales organization, you'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
You will directly contribute to Tock’s growth by managing a team of Territory Account Executives exclusively focused on bringing in new partners. You’ll hire, train, coach, mentor and lead a team of hunters and closers.
What we're looking for
- 3 to 5+ years in B2B sales management (SaaS experience preferred)
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding team sales quotas
- Experience using Salesforce to manage pipeline and build reports
- Knowledge and ability to drive a transactional sales cycle from start to finish
- Strong negotiation and contracting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Willingness to take on additional projects and duties
- A positive attitude and ability to lead by example
- Bachelor’s degree
What you’ll do
- Hire, coach, mentor and lead a team of Territory Account Executives (sales reps)
- Meet and exceed team sales revenue goals and overall business objectives
- Help create and develop new processes and best practices
- Develop and motivate top performers and retain team members
- Accurately forecast on-time team pipeline
- Manage complex sales and develop strategic plans
- Organize and manage the team’s daily activity within Salesforce
- Prepare and maintain reports showing the team’s performance, activity and results to further collaborate with leadership on recommendations for trends and areas in need of improvement
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.