Value Engineer at DocuSign
Sales & Business Development | United States – Remote
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
This is an exciting, strategic role that combines the competencies of value selling, strategy consulting, and program management. In this role, you will work closely with our Sales leaders and Marketing teams to ensure sellers are successfully engaging with customers and prospects. This role will support scaling our self-service platform which includes developing and maintaining value models and assets, performing data analysis, and enabling the field to effectively use the platform. The role will also give an opportunity to directly support active sales engagements and build the business value proposition, including developing a strategic account plan, formulating a value hypothesis, building a business case justification, and crafting a compelling value proposition and proposal to C-Level executives.
This position reports to the NA Head of Customer Value Management.
- Work closely with the Value Management team, prospective customers, Sales, and Marketing to understand how DocuSign helps customers meet their strategic objectives by identifying key business drivers (metrics) and building robust models quantifying their respective value
Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by DocuSign solutions and use these metrics to develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the strategic value of DocuSign’s System of Agreement platform
- Conduct thorough industry/account research and analysis
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and mapping "as is" vs. "to-be" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries
- Regularly benchmark DocuSign customers for best practices and value achieved
- Manage our benchmark database
- Support qualitative and quantitative analysis of specific sales opportunities
- Create a framework and facilitate the aggregation of industry data generated by the sales team to be added to the knowledge base and redistribute to support future sales efforts
- Process and analyze use-case data collected by pre and post-sales teams
- Create performance models and standard graphics to reflect value impacts
- Document qualitative and non-quantified benefits and impacts
- Create impactful presentation templates that articulate the value of DocuSign and drive executive-level engagement with targeted opportunities
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Incorporate customer-specific data points and findings
- Review for consistency and completeness of messaging
- Create reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater field organization
- Harvest “best practice” techniques leveraged across regions
- Provide tactical support for targeted opportunities
- Curate and facilitate Knowledge Management – understand what the best/most recent collateral for a given industry
- Manage a library of Value Team assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness and impact of the Customer Value Program
- Coach sales teams on Value Selling and use of our value selling platform (DecisionLink)
- Be the liaison between DocuSign and the platform vendor and our Value Selling platform expert
- 5+ years of professional experience within Sales/Industry Solutions/Value Engineering or Business Transformation roles
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing) or related area
- 2+ years of management consulting experience; experience leading engagements a plus
- Quantitative analysis, financial modeling, storyboarding, strategy development skills
- Demonstrated skills in design and facilitation of executive-level workshops
- Excellent executive presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to work across multiple functions/disciplines/cultures/geographies in a highly collaborative and engaging fashion
- Strong track record of building and maintaining effective customer relationships
- A self-starter who thrives in a high growth, fast-pace software company
- Willingness to travel as needed (travel less than 30% typical)
- Strong analytical skills, including mastery of data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Tableau, ThinkCell, python, etc.) and experience with Salesforce.com platform and reporting capabilities, Admin Certification preferred
- Product management experience as well as Program management, including communication, driving user adoption and enablement a strong plus
- Familiarity with DecisionLink Value Cloud
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.