*This role will be based in Chicago.
At PEAK6, we’re in the business of what ought to be—whether that means transforming trading, gaming, insurance, or whatever else we see fit.
We got our start over 20 years ago in the historic Chicago Board of Trade Building, where we’re still headquartered. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence to perform everything we do at the speed of trading. And we’re looking for a content professional that’s as driven and ingenious as the rest of our team.
As the editorial content writer, you’ll join strategists, creatives, technologists, and communicators to develop compelling content that makes an impact across channels, audiences and disciplines.
You’re ready to solve any challenge with your words, and you know how to find the angle, the lede, the headline. You’re a storyteller by heart and a journalist by experience. You’re creative, strategic, and adaptable to rapid changes in direction. Aren’t you?
You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing for digital publications and blogs, taking tech-focused ideas and translating them into a strategic narrative—quickly
- Working with business-unit subject matter experts to define topics
- Creating and managing a centralized editorial calendar
- Partnering with communications specialists and stakeholders to ensure messaging ladders up to campaign, business, and messaging strategies—or creates space for new ones
- Understanding and implementing content marketing best practices (character counts, keywords, web guidelines, etc.)
- Writing, copyediting, and fact-checking content to ensure it’s free of errors
- Crafting content in a variety of voices, across a wide array of industries
You should have:
- 7-10 years of experience as a journalist, content writer for a tech company, or technical writer (or all three)
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, or related field
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that requires quick turnarounds
- The ability to be flexible and comfortable with working on several projects at once while still making project deadlines
- Experience writing for B2C, B2B, and technical audiences
- The desire to jump in and lend an eye (or a pen) to any type of content—social media, email, white paper, you name it
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
· Charitable matching gift program