We’re looking for someone to help make scientific research available more quickly and affordably through better technology. Our ideal candidate is someone who is very detail-oriented, excited about new technology and wants to learn more about the academic publishing process by being directly involved. We're supportive of remote work, so if you're not based in Chicago that's great too.
In this part-time role, you will ready academic articles for publication using Scholastica's internal toolset. You will move articles through the production workflow, which includes typesetting and formatting, checking formatting accuracy, checking citation accuracy, and communicating progress to authors and editors.
You will work with a great team whose values include work-life balance, fairness, diversity and inclusion. We have a positive and supportive work culture, so you can expect to work directly with all members of the team (programmers, sales, customer success, marketing, design, etc.).
Things you could expect to work on
- Detailed check of article metadata
- Format citations into XML
- Proofread and edit academic articles
- Communicate with authors and editors
- Document errors/bugs for the technical team
- Maintain article production workflow
- Actively contribute to making the product better through feature ideas
- Strong written and editing skills
- Experience with XML/HTML
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies and apps
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work (outside the Chicago office) is also acceptable