The team: The Workplace business unit focuses on helping individuals achieve better outcomes by working with institutional clients in the global defined contribution and workplace markets. This is a high growth area for Morningstar and houses a diverse product suite and unique client base. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we believe we are positioned well for continued future growth.
The Role: We seek an enthusiastic, results-driven candidate to serve as a Project Manager / Scrum Master within the Workplace team. In this role, you will work with partners in Technology, Product Management, Support and Sales to drive large and complex initiatives forward. You will be responsible for 2 scrum teams, guiding and coaching them to become high performing, agile teams capable of delivering high quality products. You will coordinate with the program manager for tracking and managing projects as part of the larger Workplace organization increasing levels of visibility, risk and governance to ensure that our initiatives are delivered on time and within budget. Experience planning and successfully delivering complex projects, including the oversight of multiple scrum teams and key metrics, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment is critical. The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, form strong relationships with stakeholders and proactively identify and manage risks is essential in this role. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Manage scrum teams through all phases of implementation while maintaining high quality, timely deliveries
- Foster a collaborative and safe environment for all team members
- Actively and enthusiastically advocate agile methods, value, principles, and mind set
- Encourage the scrum team to become self-organizing and accountable
- Exhibit strong leadership in planning, leading, and facilitating scrum ceremonies: daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, and sprint review and showcase
- Work with Product Managers to define and groom the backlog to facilitate sprint planning.
- Identify, track and manage project risks, blockers, and issues to conclusion, defining appropriate risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Coordinate and collaborate with stakeholders including Technical Managers and Product Managers
- Exhibit strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of, and experience implementing, Agile methodologies
- Experience with software development projects
- 5+ years of scrum master and/or project manager experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- CSM or equivalent scrum certification